Once you’ve got your membership / pattern / kit then log into your Homelea Lass account, then head over herre to join the Bliss Blanket crochet-a-long.
I’d love you to join me in my next 2 crochet-a-longs!
Let’s go back to basics and enjoy making blankets where the chunky texture just has to be touched. We’ll start out mastering the fundamentals of chunky crochet with the Warm Heart Blanket, and then move onto making the mesmerising Bliss Blanket.
Hand made blankets are meaningful gifts and these 2 crochet-a-longs will ensure that you finish them before Christmas, and enjoy making them too.
Both crochet-a-longs include live zoom classes and video tutorials (left and right handed) that you can watch any time.
- The video tutorials show how to make the entire blanket and they’re like I’m sitting beside you, showing you what to do. You can even slow the videos down or make them go faster.
- The live zoom classes are optional and are on Saturday’s at 3pm AEST / 4pm AEDT throughout the crochet-a-longs.
you’ll love the crochet-a-longs if you want to:
- learn lifelong skills that you’ll use again and again
- be part of a community of people that are making the same thing as you
- have someone to help you when you get stuck or have questions
- finish what you start with the weekly tasks to help keep you motivated
CLOSED: up first: the Warm Heart Blanket crochet-a-long
The Warm Heart Blanket is ideal for mastering the fundamentals of chunky crochet and you’ll be able to make it even if you’ve never crocheted before. There are both left and right handed video tutorials included that you can watch any time.
Here’s what you’ll learn and do during the Warm Heart Blanket crochet-a-long:
- Saturday 1st October: week 1 – get together everything you need
- Saturday 8th October: week 2 – wind skeins into balls
- Saturday 15th October: week 3 – foundation chain and treble stitches (up to end of row 1)
- Saturday 22nd October: week 4 – double crochet and join a new ball of yarn (up to the end of row 8)
- Saturday 29th October: week 5 – practice what you’ve learnt (up to the end of row 16)
- Saturday 5th November: week 6 – finish off your blanket and how to care for your chunky crochet
During the crochet-a-long you’ll receive an email each Saturday morning with what we’re doing that week and we’ll have a zoom classes each Saturday at 3pm AEST / 4pm AEDT where I’ll teach you the new techniques for the week and help you with your crocheting.
Skill level: suitable for everyone, even if you’ve never crocheted before. I’m created the online course specifically for learning to crochet, and many, many people have learnt how to crochet from it.
Size: the Warm Heart Blanket is the perfect size for snuggling on the lounge (find out all about it here).
What you’ll need: a 25mm crochet hook, either 6 x 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn or at least 400m of a yarn that’s about 1cm thick and some other tools – find out more about what you’ll need here.
You don’t need to use our Homelea Bliss yarn to make the Warm Heart Blanket. Any yarn that’s about 1cm (0.4in) thick is the same size as Homelea Bliss and you’ll need at least 400m of it.
JOIN IN: the Bliss Blanket crochet-a-long – closing on 11th November
The Bliss Blanket builds on what you’ve learnt while making the Warm Heart Blanket, and you’ll enjoy sinking into the flow of making its stunning stitches. There are both left and right handed video tutorials included that you can watch any time.
Here’s what you’ll do during the Bliss Blanket crochet-a-long:
- week 1 (12th November): get together everything you need and wind your skeins into balls
- week 2 (19th November): crochet up to the end of row 9
- week 3 (26th November): crochet up to the end of row 19
- week 4 (3rd December): crochet up to the end of row 29
- week 5 (10th December): crochet up to the end of row 95
- week 6 (17th December): catch up week
During the crochet-a-long you’ll receive an email each Saturday morning with what we’re doing that week and we’ll have a zoom catch-up each Saturday at 3pm AEST / 4pm AEDT where I’ll help you with your crocheting and we’ll crochet together.
Skil level: suitable for beginners after making the Warm Heart Blanket.
Sizes: the Bliss Blanket pattern has 10 different sizes from Pram Snuggles up to King Bed Snuggles and you can see them all here.
What you’ll need: yarn (help is given for making the Bliss Blanket with any sized yarn), a 15.75mm crochet hook (or the size to suit your yarn) and other tools – find out what you’ll need here.
You don’t need to use our Homelea Bliss yarn to make the Bliss Blanket. Any yarn that’s about 1cm (0.4in) thick is the same size as Homelea Bliss and the crochet pattern includes the length of yarn that you’ll need. You can even make the Bliss Blanket with any sized yarn and instructions are included on how to work out how much yarn you’ll need. Bigger yarns make for quicker crocheting so if you are making Christmas presents I recommend choosing a bigger sized yarn.
how to join
There are 2 different ways to join:
- by ordering the crochet pattern and online course (or if you’ve already got it), or
- by ordering the crochet kit with everything you need (or if you’ve already got it).
Once you’ve got your membership / pattern / kit then log into your Homelea Lass account, then head over here to join the Bliss Blanket crochet-a-long (it’s no longer possible to join the Warm Heart Blanket crochet-a-long).
learn more about the crochet-a-longs
answering your questions
Do we need to use your yarn?
No. Both blankets are designed with Homelea Bliss, our super chunky Aust merino wool, and you can use any yarn that’s about 1cm/0.4in thick.
For the Bliss Blanket there’s the option to make it with any sized yarn.
How big are the blankets?
The Warm Heart Blanket is sized to be ideal as your first chunky crochet project and it’s perfect for snuggling on the lounge (1.1m x 1.1m).
The Bliss Blanket has 10 different sizes from pram to king size bed.
What sized crochet hook do I need?
A 25mm crochet hook for Warm Heart Blanket and 15.75mm for the Bliss Blanket (or the size to suit your yarn if you’re using a different sized yarn for the Bliss Blanket).
I’m ordering my kit now and I was wondering if I should get the felting mat and felting tool?
I recommend getting them because they create a smooth join that you can hardly see. I show you how to use them in the video tutorials. If you join super chunky yarns the traditional way it creates a bulky join that doesn’t look very good.
I’ve just ordered the patterns, do I need to do anything else to join?
Yes, you’ll need to sign up for each crochet-a-long so that you get the weekly emails and zoom links.
Sign up for the Warm Heart Blanket crochet-a-long here.
Sign up for the Bliss Blanket crochet-a-long here.
I’ve already got both crochet hooks and joining kit, can I just get the yarn and join the crochet-a-longs?
Yes you can do this by ordering the kit for both blankets and remove the hook by make the qty 0. You’ll also get a discount on the yarn.
I’ve never crocheted before, will I be able to make both blankets before Christmas!
You certainly will. I’ve created these crochet patterns and online courses specially for learning to crochet – do the Warm Heart Blanket first and then make the Bliss Blanket. Big yarn and big hooks make for easier and quicker crocheting, so that once you master the basic crochet principles (I teach you how to do these) you’ll be flying.
ask me your questions
Ask me in the web chat at the bottom right corner of the screen and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
I know you’re going to love making the Warm Heart Blanket and Bliss Blanket, and I’m looking forward to helping you!
With love, Lynda.