Colour Exploration Blanket Crochet Kit
Come on a journey and explore how colours can make you feel as you stitch this comforting blanket.
BONUS: receive a Homelea Lass mug with each Colour Exploration Blanket Kit ordered before the end of January.
or 4 payments of $107.49 with Afterpay
12 in stock
There’s something fascinating about crocheting with colour and texture, and this blanket has plenty of both! It’s comforting and nourishing to make.
Experience how 9 different colours makes you feel as you crochet a stylish and modern blanket with a textural tweed yarn.
What you’ll learn:
- Extended wrapped double crochet stitch (UK terminology / Extended wrapped single crochet stitch (US terminology)
- How to join squares
- How to weave in ends using a darning needle
- How to steam block
- Experience 9 different colours and how they make you feel
- Crochet with 10ply / Aran weight yarn
This kit is suitable for you if you’re confident doing the basic crochet stitches – chain, slip stitch and double crochet (UK terminology) / single crochet (US terminology).
If you’re wanting to learn to crochet then make the Chunky Scarf Crochet Kit or Warm Heart Blanket Crochet Kit first, and if you’d like to get more confident at doing the stitches then make the Fibre Exploration Blanket Crochet Kit first.
About the crochet pattern:
2 squares are made in 8 different colours, and these are joined using the 9th colour. The squares have a mesh-like pattern which has a different texture on each side. After blocking, the squares are joined using slip stitches and there is no visible join on one side of the blanket. The blanket is finished off with a light block to make it look it’s best.
The crochet pattern is in UK and US terminology.
Included in this kit:
- 8 x 130g of Kilcarra Tweed yarn 10ply/Aran weight yarn
- 1 x 50g of Kilcarra Tweed yarn 10ply/Aran weight yarn
- 5mm ChiaoGoo ergonomic bamboo crochet hook with metal head
- Colour wheel
- pdf crochet pattern in UK and US crochet terminology
- pdf Colour Exploration Blanket Workbook
You will also need:
- darning needle
- tape measure / ruler
- t pins or dressmakers pins for blocking
- ironing board
- the desire to make something beautiful
The full video tutorials are available in Blanket School (you’ll also receive 20% off this kit with your Blanket School membership).
I know you’ll love delving into the world of colour!
With love, Lynda.