Pumpkin soup is soul food. As the first spoonful enters my mouth it’s delicious goodness spreads and it fills the cracks inside me with it’s warmth.
Somehow pumpkin soup always makes me feel good on the inside, so I thought that I’d share my soul food recipe with you. This is how I like to have my pumpkin soup – with plenty of garlic, a bit of rosemary and lots of organic goodness. It’s great to have as a light dinner, or for lunch.
Wholesome Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 organic brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup of organic garlic, peeled and diced
- 750g organic pumpkin, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup organic rosemary
- crusty bread
- Large saucepan and lid
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stick blender
- Large spoon for stirring
- Ladle for serving
- Bowls for eating
- Cut up the ingredients.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the saucepan and cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the pumpkin, water and rosemary to the saucepan. Cover the saucepan and bring the soup to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree it using a stick blender until the soup is glossy.
- Pour into bowls and serve with crusty bread.