Wrapped In Love Blanket Crochet Kit
Crocheting a blanket for a loved one is a special process, your connection with them is infused into every stitch. Complimentary ball winding is available - select this at the checkout.
This kit includes the yarn to make the blanket (select the number of skeins for your size), the crochet pattern, online course and optional crochet hook and yarn joining kit:
Make the Wrapped In Love Blanket for the special people in your life, and wrap them in love always.
Crocheting a blanket for a loved one is a special process – your connection with them is infused into every stitch, and it’s a piece of you that they can take with them wherever they go. The soft merino wool, filled with the love of being 100% Australian grown and processed, is calming to touch. It’s a yarn that won’t cover you in fluff and this blanket will be an heirloom that will look good for a long time. It’s quick and easy to crochet with too.
Skill level – easy:
The Wrapped In Love Blanket pattern covers 8 blanket sizes:
The blanket in the images is the Lounge Snuggles size.
Made in Australia:
I make all of the Homelea Lass kits by hand in the Homelea Lass studio. It’s located on a remote cattle property near Quilpie in south west Queensland, Australia. I use Australian made components whenever possible.
Everything you need:
- crochet pattern and online course
- 22mm (T) crochet hook
- 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss Australian Merino Wool yarn – the table below includes the number of skeins that are needed for each blanket size
- jumbo stitch markers
- Chunky Yarn Joining Kit – felting tool and felting mat
- tape measure
- iron or steamer
I know you’re going to love crocheting your Wrapped In Love Blanket, and you’ll love opening up your blanket crochet kit!
With love, Lynda.
Delivery and Returns
This kit includes free worldwide shipping. Express shipping within Australia is free for orders over $200.
Find out more about delivery and returns here.
How do I access the crochet pattern or video tutorials?
What will I learn?
This is what you’ll learn while making the Wrapped In Love Blanket:
- refresher on the basic crochet stitches and how to join chunky yarns
- alternative stitch to a turning chain for a treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology) row
- crossed treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology)
- half treble (UK terminology) / half double crochet (US terminology)
- double crochet through the back loop only (UK terminology) / single crochet through the back loop only (US terminology)
What do I need to know to make this blanket?
It helps to know how to do these stitches and techniques before starting the Wrapped In Love Blanket (although I give you a refresher of how to do them in the online course):
- slip knot
- double crochet (UK terminology) / single crochet (US terminology)
- treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology)
- fasten off and weave in ends
- wind skeins into balls
- join chunky yarn using the Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
Where is it made?
I make all of the Homelea Lass kits by hand in the Homelea Lass studio. It’s located on a remote cattle property near Quilpie in south west Queensland, Australia.
What is the yarn made from? What size is it?
Homelea Bliss is a premium Australian merino wool yarn which is fully grown and processed in Australia (no offshore processing). It is uniquely made to last – it won’t leave fluff everywhere, and it will look good after many uses.
Our yarns are as natural as possible which means you may find some vegetable matter in your wool. This is easily removed and is a beautiful connection between the sheep that grew the wool and the finished product.
Homelea Bliss merino wool yarn is a super chunky or super bulky yarn that is 1cm (0.4in) thick. Larger yarns like Homelea Bliss do not have a ply size.
What terminology is the crochet pattern in?
The crochet pattern and online course use both UK and US crochet terminology.
What are the care instructions?
Cold, gentle hand wash and lie flat to dry.