Warm Heart Blanket Crochet Kit (learn to crochet)
Easily master the fundamentals of chunky crochet.
Down below you’ll find everything you need to make this blanket and you can customise your kit to suit you - change the colour, add more yarn and more:
You’ll be amazed at how quickly you learn to crochet with the Warm Heart Blanket Crochet Kit:
- in the online course I show you exactly what to do – it’s like I’m sitting beside you, helping you (and you can rewatch the video tutorials as many times as you like)
- the big yarn and big hook are the easiest way to learn to crochet – they’re easier to see and control
- chunky crochet is sooooo quick that it’s possible to make a blanket in a day
- you’re able to get help in my Chunky Crochet for Mindful Makers Facebook group
The soft merino wool, filled with the love of being 100% Australian grown and processed, is calming to touch. It’s a yarn that won’t cover you in fluff and this blanket will be an heirloom that will look good for a long time.
NEW: customise your kit and reduce the environmental impact of your online shopping:
I’ve put together everything you need to make this blanket, and you’re now able to customise your Homelea Lass kit in our online shop. So you’re able to reduce the environmental impact of your online shopping, what you select will be packed and beautifully arranged in the shipping box or satchel (it’ll be a joy to open), and it will all be securely held in place with recycled brown paper or a cotton bag.
In this kit:
The Warm Heart Blanket Crochet Kit includes:
- 6 x 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss chunky yarn
- crochet pattern with detailed “learn to crochet” online course
- 25mm (U) ergonomic crochet hook
- 2 stitch markers
- chunky yarn joining kit – felting tool and felting mat
- free worldwide shipping
you’ll also need:
- tape measure
- the desire to make something beautiful
Skill level – beginner:
Lots of people have learnt to crochet with this kit!
The kit is suitable for learning to crochet, or mastering the fundamentals of chunky crochet.
See a summary of how to make this kit in the video below (the online course included in this kit is more detailed and is presented step-by-step):
The Warm Heart Blanket is the perfect size for snuggling on the lounge or being elegantly draped across the end of your bed. It’s 1.1m (1.2yds) x 1.1m (1.2yds)
Made in Australia:
I make all of the Homelea Lass kits by hand in Geelong, Victoria using premium Australian merino wool that is fully grown and processed in Australia (with no offshore processing).
Light a candle and brew a cup of tea and let the flowing movements of crocheting this blanket to help you to feel calm and escape to your happy place. You won’t want to put this crochet project down, and you’ll love improving your crochet skills as you make it.
With love, Lynda.
delivery and returns
This kit includes free worldwide shipping. Express shipping within Australia is free for orders over $200.
Find out more about delivery and returns here.
what you'll learn
I’ve designed the Warm Heart Blanket to help you practice the fundamentals of chunky crochet so you can succeed at making beautiful blankets.
With the detailed instructions in the crochet pattern book you’ll:
- have straight edges on your crocheting,
- create seamless yarn joins (there are no bulky joins or weaving in lots of ends), and
- practice all the common crochet stitches.
time to make
- easy to follow, step by step instructions
- optional 36 page crochet pattern booklet – printed or downloadable online
- photos and written instructions
- crochet pattern terminology – UK and US terminology
The crochet pattern and video tutorials are available online. Access them on the Homelea Lass website via:
- the web link in your order email
- your Homelea Lass account
Find how to do this here.
about the yarn
This soft Australian Merino Wool is an absolute pleasure to crochet with.
Made from 100% Australian grown and processed wool, the twist in Homelea Bliss means that your lovingly made blanket will be an heirloom that you will use for many, many years. It won’t cover you or your home in fluff and it hardly pills, even when it’s being used every day.
Don’t be fooled by its rope-ish texture – Homelea Bliss is constantly amazing people with how soft it feels!
When required, cold, gentle hand wash and lie flat to dry.