The first thing you’ll need to do when you start crocheting with your Homelea Lass crochet kit is turn your skein of soft merino wool yarn into a ball.
Watch the video below to learn how to do this:
Step by step instructions:
- open the skein
- lie the skein flat and in a circle in front of you
- untie or cut the loops that are holding the yarn together
- find the end
- carefully unwind some of the yarn
- wrap the end around your fingers a couple of times
- slip the yarn off your fingers, fold it in two and then wind the yarn around this to start creating a ball
- keep carefully unwinding the skein and wrapping it around the ball until you’re finished.
How to wind a centre pull ball
Centre pull balls are great because the ball doesn’t jump around as the yarn comes from the centre of the ball. Watch the video below to learn to how wind a centre pull ball:
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to wind your skein of yarn into a ball.
With love, Lynda.