Not sure how much yarn you’ll need to make a blanket? I’ve put together this handy calculator so you can easily calculate how much yarn you’ll need.
Here’s how to work out how much yarn you’ll need:
- Make a Test Piece in the same stitch pattern as your blanket. Use the same yarn and the same crochet hook that you’ll use for your blanket.
- Weight the Test Piece (kitchen scales are great for this) – enter this into the calculator below
- Measure the Length and Height of the Test Piece – enter this into the calculator below
- Enter in the Height and Length of the blanket you wish to make into the calculator below
- Enter an Extra Allowance into the calculator below
- Enter the Weight of an individual ball/skein of the yarn you’ll use into the calculator below
Why not get a kit that includes everything you need to easily crochet a beautiful blanket?