LAST CHANCE: Advent Crochet Kit
Tuesday 30th December is the last day to order this kit.
Enjoy some calm crochet each day during December as we make hearts and stars together with soft Australian merino wool. Customise your kit below:
Relax into the Christmas vibes by crocheting a heart or star each day during December. Your Christmas tree will sparkle with handmade goodness, and your home will feel merry and bright.
You’ll love opening up your kit box and seeing the gorgeous colours! During December you’ll crochet 12 hearts and 12 stars, one in each of 12 gorgeous Homelea Bliss colours.
Each morning from 1st to 24th December 2021 you’ll receive an email with which pattern to make and what colour to use, and you can share your progress in our Facebook group. You’ll even receive a bonus bauble pompom maker to use any leftover bits of yarn.
Already have a Chunky Heart Crochet Kit, Chunky Star Crochet Kit or 15.75mm crochet hook? Change the quantity of the crochet hook as 0.
Suitable for beginners:
Lots of people have learnt to crochet with my online courses! This kit is suitable for beginners to advanced crocheters – no prior crochet experience is required, but it helps if you’re feeling crafty and comfortable with learning a new skill. If you’d like to start with an easier project, then make the Chunky Scarf Crochet Kit or Warm Heart Blanket Crochet Kit first.
Easy-to-follow video tutorials:
This kit includes written instructions and access to the online courses with detailed video tutorials – it’s like I’m sitting beside you, showing you what to do.
This kit makes:
The Advent Crochet Kit makes 12 stars and 12 hearts:
- each star is 16cm (6.3in) by 15cm (5.9in), and 1.5cm (0.6in) in depth
- each heart is 15cm (5.9in) by 15cm (5.9in), and 1.5cm (0.6in) in depth
and you’ll be able to make PomPom Baubles with your leftover yarn.
In this kit:
- 24 x 50g skeins of Homelea Bliss merino wool yarn in 12 gorgeous colours (2 of each colour – natural, oatmeal, minna pink, rhubarb, mushroom, vintage purple, navy, steele blue, grey, mint green, cumin, olive)
- 15.75mm (Q) ergonomic crochet hook made from light wood (light and lovely to hold)
- written crochet patterns in UK and US crochet terminology
- access to the online courses with easy-to-follow video tutorials
- free worldwide shipping
and you’ll also need:
- tape measure or ruler
- the desire to make something beautiful
Made by hand in Australia:
I make all of the Homelea Lass craft kits by by hand in my Geelong studio. I use premium Australian merino wool that is fully grown and processed in Australia (with no offshore processing) and locally made packaging.
I know you’re going to love crocheting these gorgeous stars and hearts each day!
With love, Lynda.
Delivery and Returns
We offer free worldwide shipping – simply select this at the checkout. There is the option to upgrade to express shipping.
Find out more about delivery and returns here.
What do I need to make more?
Once you have made your first two hearts you will want to make more! Here’s what you’ll need:
You can also crochet the hearts with any yarn or crochet hook – have fun experimenting with different fibres, textures and sizes.
How do I access the video tutorials and crochet pattern?
The crochet pattern and video tutorials are available in the online class. You’re able to access this using:
- the “crochet pattern and video tutorials” card in the kit has the web link on the back – type this into your internet browser
- the web link in your order email
- your Homelea Lass account
Find how to do this here.
The crochet pattern is available to view online or download as a pdf ebook, and it includes a crochet chart.
How long will it take? What will I learn?
Allow 1 – 3 hours to watch the video tutorials and crochet your stars.
While making this kit you will learn:
- How to wind a ball from a skein of yarn
- How to make a magic loop / adjustable loop / adjustable slip knot
- How to do a chain stitch
- How to do a double crochet (UK terminology) / single crochet (US terminology)
- How to do a half treble (UK terminology) / half double crochet (US terminology)
- How to do a treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology)
- How to do a slip stitch
- How to steam block the stars
Where is the kit made?
This kit is made by hand in our Geelong studio in Victoria, Australia.
I use Australian made products whenever possible. The following items in this kit are made in Australia:
- premium merino wool yarn which is fully grown and processed in Australia (no offshore processing)
- labels, pattern and flyers
- Homelea Bliss colour sample
The other items in this kit are selected because they are high quality and can be used for a long time.
What is the yarn made from? What size is it?
Homelea Bliss is a premium Australian merino wool yarn which is fully grown and processed in Australia (no offshore processing). It is uniquely made to last – it won’t leave fluff everywhere, and it will look good after many uses.
Our yarns are as natural as possible which means you may find some vegetable matter in your wool. This is easily removed and is a beautiful connection between the sheep that grew the wool and the finished product.
Homelea Bliss merino wool yarn is a super chunky or super bulky yarn that is 1cm (0.4in) thick. Larger yarns like Homelea Bliss do not have a ply size.
What terminology is the crochet pattern in?
The included crochet pattern is written in UK and US crochet terminology, and the video uses UK terminology (with how to do each stitch explained in detail).
A crochet chart is included in the online crochet pattern.
What are the care instructions?
Cold, gentle hand wash and lie flat to dry.