This pattern is ideal for learning how to easily crochet a chunky scarf or cowl – anyone can do it!
The Warm Heart Scarves and Cowl look amazing, plus they feel lovely and warm around your neck.
Don’t worry if you’ve never crocheted before – I’ve included simple step-by-step instructions and videos to help you make your own scarf or cowl.
What we’re making
We’re making a chunky Warm Heart Scarf or Cowl. It’s crocheted using gorgeously soft merino wool, and it won’t take you long to make it.
This is a “choose your own adventure” pattern because there are 3 different options:
- – a scarf – 18cm wide and 1.3m long,
- – a scarf with chunky pompoms on the ends – 18cm wide and 1.5m long, or
- – join the ends together to make a cowl – 18cm wide and 1.3m around.
You will need
- – 1 x 300g (10.5oz) skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn in your favourite colour – it’s so soft and squishy (100% Australian grown and processed merino wool)
- – 25mm (U) bamboo crochet hook– it’s so lovely and light to hold
- – Clover extra large pompom maker– for the pompom scarf (optional)
- – 2 x 100g (3.5g) mini skeins of Homelea Bliss– for the pompom scarf (optional)
- – scissors
- – tape measure
- – 2 stitch markers (safety pins or different coloured yarn can be used as well)
- – the desire to make something beautiful
- or purchase the DIY kit here.
If you need help
If you’ve got any questions while you’re making your Warm Heart Scarf or Cowl post your question on my Facebook Page – I’ll respond as soon as I can.
I know you’ll love making your own chunky scarf or cowl.
With love, Lynda.