5 Months of Australian Yarn (preorder)
From: $42.50 / month for 5 months
A yarn advent with a twist - enjoy receiving and making with your soft Australian merino wool yarn over 5 months.
a yarn advent calendar with a twist
When I was putting together the 2023 Australian Yarn Advent Calendar I thought it would be fun to spread it out over 5 months to enjoy opening and making with your yarn each month.
The 10ply yarn is a textural joy to crochet and knit with. It feels soft and woolly, and is 100% grown and made in Australia with no offshore processing. There’s so many ways you can use it – colourful decorations, a scarf / shawl / cowl or a beautiful linen stitch blanket with a square made of each colour.
how it works
- each month for 5 months you’ll get yarny parcel with 5 colours of Homelea Happy 10ply yarn, in the quantity that you select (20g mini balls, 50g balls or 2 x 50g balls)
- your yarn will be sustainably packaged and beautifully presented (the colours won’t be individually wrapped like the yarn advent)
- your first box will be sent in November so it will arrive before Christmas. Your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th boxes will be sent in the middle of each month (December 2023 to March 2024)
what to make
- Love the Homelea Lass chunky hearts pattern? Using a 5mm crochet hook each 20g mini ball will make 4 hearts and each 50g ball will make 10 hearts. How good will your Christmas tree look covered in colourful hearts?
- Alternatively use the 20g mini balls and 50g balls to make a scarf / shawl / cowl, granny squares or even colourful Christmas decorations for you home.
- Make a linen stitch square with each colour (2 x 50g balls for each square). The 2 x 50g balls option includes the Yarn Advent-ure Blanket pattern (with left and right handed video tutorials) to make a 1.5m x 1.5m (59in x 59in) blanket. The pattern will be fully released on 26th December and the crochet-a-long will go until the end of March 2024.
- Find suitable patterns here.
about the yarn and colours
You’ll receive 25 colours of our new Homelea Happy 10ply/worsted weight yarn – you’ll love this soft merino wool yarn that’s fully grown and processed in Australia. It’s a textural joy to crochet and knit with and feels woolly and slightly thick and thin. It’s gentle on the world we live in with no superwash and no nylon / acrylic / polyester.
Each colour is individually numbered and sustainably wrapped and you’ll can enjoy opening one each day.
The 25 gorgeous colours are made up of 4 new Homelea Lass colours, the current Homelea Lass colours and some of the previous Homelea Lass colours will make a comeback. They look amazing together!
The 50g balls of Homelea Happy are 100m long, and the 20g mini balls are 40m long.
- pause or cancel any time and you’re not committed to completing the full 5 months
- the first subscription payment will happen when you order and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th subscription renewals will happen on the 10th day of the month the box is sent in (December 2023 to March 2024)
- renew manually or automatically, and you will receive a reminder email 2 days before renewal
- you’ve got complete control over your subscription via your Homelea Lass account (and I’m here to help you via the web chat at the bottom right corner of the Homelea Lass website).
made in Australia
All of the yarn is 100% grown and made in Australia with no offshore processing.
I make each Yarn Advent in the Homelea Lass studio, located on a remote cattle property near Quilpie in south west Queensland, Australia and use Australian made components (packaging, bags, labels, etc) whenever possible.
You’re going to love your 5 months of Australian yarn!
With love, Lynda.
Can I change the colours?
No, the colours are set and can not be changed.
Can I use my Maker / VIP Member discount code?
Yes you can.
How can I get a Maker / VIP Membership to get a discount or get access to the patterns?
Pop over here. Get your membership first, and then you’ll have access to the discount code.
When will it start and end?
The first month is December 2023 and the last month is March 2024.
When will I receive my yarn each month?
Your yarn delivery will be sent in the middle of each month. Depending on where you’re located relative to my studio near Quilpie, QLD will determine when it will arrive (I’m thinking that it should be with you within 2 weeks if you’re in Australia and possibly longer if you’re outside Australia).
When will the renewals happen?
They will happen when you order your subscription for the first box, and then for the 2nd to 5th months the payments will happen on the 10th day of the month. You have the option to do your payment automatically or manually.
Will I receive a reminder before my renewals happens?
Yes, you’ll receive an email 2 days before.