Slip into the mindful flow of making these textural stitches.
The Diamond Blanket looks great draped over your lounge or on the end of a bed, and even feels amazing underfoot as a floor rug.
The name of this blanket came from the shape of the blanket, but the diamond stone is a symbol of love, and holds energetic properties that help with self-worth and self-love. I hope making this blanket is joyful for you, and that it continues to wrap you in love (or whoever you’re making it for), for many, many years.
how it’s made
You’ll start at the bottom point of the diamond and each row increases outwards until you reach halfway, and then the rows decrease inwards until you reach the top point of the diamond. A border is crocheted inline as part of the blanket, and the centre panel is constructed of linen stitch.
This blanket is diamond shaped, which means even though the sides are the same length, it is wider across the middle than the central height of the blanket.
- full online course with detailed video tutorials
- crochet pattern ebook in UK and US crochet terminology (view online, or download and print)
- crochet chart (view online, or download and print)
- progress worksheet (view online, or download and print)
skill level – easy
This pattern is suitable for people who feel comfortable with the basic crochet stitches. If you’d like to start with an easier project, then make the Warm Heart Blanket, Bliss Blanket or Midnight Garden Blanket first.
What you’ll need to know to make the Diamond Blanket:
- slip knot
- double crochet (UK) / single crochet (US)
- fasten off and weave in ends
what you’ll learn
This is what you’ll learn while making the Diamond Blanket:
- adjustable loop
- increasing and decreasing
- double crochet 2 together (UK terminology) / single crochet 2 together (US terminology)
- linen stitch
- how to steam the edges of your blanket
The Diamond Blanket comes in 4 different sizes:
|Little Snuggles||Single Snuggles||Queen Snuggles||King Snuggles|
|Side Length||1.0m (1.1yds)||1.3m (1.4yds)||1.65m (1.8yds)||
|300g skeins of Homelea Bliss||7||10||17||
what you’ll need to make the Diamond Blanket
- 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss premium merino wool yarn or a yarn that is 1cm/0.4in thick (see above for the number of skeins)
- 22mm (T) crochet hook (or size required to obtain tension/gauge)
- 2 stitch markers
- Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
- tape measure
- the desire to make something beautiful
The Diamond Blanket Crochet Kit is available here.
I know you’re going to love crocheting your Diamond Blanket!
With love, Lynda.
PS. Don’t forget to share your progress photos on Instagram and tag us @homelealass so we can see them too.
How do I access the crochet pattern or video tutorials?
The crochet pattern is available to view online or download as a pdf ebook, and it includes a crochet chart and progress worksheet. You’re able to access the crochet pattern on our website by:
- the web link in your order email
- your Homelea Lass account
Find how to do this here.
The detailed video tutorials are available in Blanket School with a premium membership, and you’ll also receive 20% off this yarn bundle.
What terminology is the crochet pattern in?
The included crochet pattern is written in UK and US crochet terminology.
A crochet chart is included in the online crochet pattern.