NEW: Macarla Blanket Crochet Kit
Your kit includes access to the crochet-a-long starting on 17th June.
A fascinating texture combined with a unique construction means you won’t want to put your crochet hook down when you’re making your Macarla Blanket!
Down below you'll find everything that you need, and you can customise your kit to include what you want:
This blanket was inspired by lazy mornings in bed and family time on the lounge. Made with soft Australian Merino Wool, it feels snuggly and warm.
The stylish ribbed texture of this blanket is created by double crochet (US single crochet) stitches that are worked through the back loop of the stitch below. The ribbed lines of the border and the centre run perpendicular to each other, and the stitches on the edges of the blanket are worked through both loops to give the blanket structure and strength.
There’s something special about a chunky blanket, and the softness and warmth of your Macarla Blanket will wrap you and your family in love. I’ll show you exactly how to make it in the included online course (with left and right handed video tutorials)
There are 8 different sizes for the original Macarla Blanket:
The table below gives the different sizes of the extended Macarla Blanket:
everything you need
- 25mm (U) crochet hook
- crochet pattern and online course – printable pdf pattern plus online course with left and right handed video tutorials – see what’s included here
- 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss Australian merino wool yarn – the tables below shows the number of skeins that are needed for each blanket size
Yarn required for the original Macarla Blanket:
Additional yarn required for the extended Macarla Blanket:
- jumbo stitch markers
- Chunky Yarn Joining Kit – felting tool and felting mat
- tape measure
skill level – intermediate
The Macarla Blanket includes more involved stitch patterns and shapes and I show you exactly what to do in the included online course (with left and right handed video tutorials). I recommend that you’ve done some crocheting before and you’ll need to take your time when starting each part as this can be a bit tricky.
This is what you’ll learn while making the Macarla Blanket:
- double crochet through the back loop only (UK terminology) / single crochet through the back loop only (US terminology)
- crocheting more complex shapes
- joining crochet together using whip stitch
It helps to know how to do these stitches and techniques before starting the Macarla Blanket:
- how to wind a skein into a ball
- slip knot
- double crochet (UK terminology) / single crochet (US terminology)
- counting stitches
- checking the row length
- join chunky yarn using the Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
- how to fasten off
- how to weave in ends
made in Australia
I make all of the Homelea Lass kits by hand in the Homelea Lass studio. It’s located on a remote cattle property near Quilpie in south west Queensland, Australia. I use Australian made components whenever possible.
I know you’re going to love crocheting your Macarla Blanket!
With love, Lynda.