Patch Blankets Crochet Kit Subscriptions – early bird offer
From: $75.00 / month for 13 months
Enjoy receiving a different colour of soft Australian Merino Wool yarn and crocheting a new part of your chunky blanket each month.
The early bird offer ends on the last day of June!
Grab a cuppa and enjoy crocheting a part of your stunning Patch Blanket each month.
The colourful crochet fun starts on 1st July 2023.
how it works
- each month you’ll get yarny parcel with a new colour of yarn for you to crochet with that month as well as a colour coordinated tea (will be on the way to you by 7th day of each month)
- a new part of the crochet pattern and online course will be unlocked at the start of each month
- come along to the monthly Patch Blanket zoom catch-up to get help and enjoy crocheting with others (will be during the last week of the month, with the day and time to be the most popular for everyone making the Patch Blankets)
- share your photos and ask for help in the Patch Blanket facebook group
each month you’ll receive
- a new colour of Homelea Bliss merino wool yarn (100% Australian grown and processed) and the number of skeins depends on the blanket and yarn colour
- a colour coordinated tea
- information about the colour of the month
- dedicated Patch Blanket zoom catch-up
- a new part of the crochet pattern and online course
- access to the Patch Blanket Facebook group
what you’ll need
- a subscription crochet kit for your Patch Blanket
- 15.75mm crochet hook
- tape measure
- 2 stitch markers
- the desire to make a colourful chunky blanket
about each of the blanket kits
- Happy Patch Blanket – snuggle on the lounge size (1.15m x 1.2m), beginner project suitable for learning to crochet, patches are crocheted individually and joined at the end, the full kit contains 14 skeins (1 skein per month and 2 skeins in the last month)
- Layered Patch Blanket – cover my lap and legs size (1.35m x 0.9m), easy crochet project with different stitches and techniques to the other 2 blankets, crocheted all in one with no joining of patches required, the full kit contains 13 skeins (1 skein each month)
- Folded Patch Blanket – snuggle on the lounge or across the bed size (1.35m x 1.2m), easy crochet project, patches are crocheted individually and joined at the end, the full kit contains 20.5 skeins (half, 1, 2 or 3 skeins each month)
about the yarn
Homelea Bliss is a super chunky yarn that’s about 1cm (0.4in) thick. It’s 100% processed in Australia (it’s rare for Australian made yarns to not be partially processed overseas) from premium Australian grown merino wool.
Each of the Patch Blankets is made with 13 different colours of Homelea Bliss (one colour per month) – natural, oatmeal, minna pink, rhubarb, mushroom, indigo blue, steele blue, grey, mint green, spring green, olive, cumin and charcoal grey.
made in Australia
I make all of the Homelea Lass kits by hand in the Homelea Lass studio. It’s located on a remote cattle property near Quilpie in south west Queensland, Australia. I use Australian made components whenever possible.
Your first subscription payment will happen when you order your kit, and the renewals for the 2nd to 13th months they will happen on the first day of the month. You have the option to renew manually or automatically, and you will receive a reminder 2 days before renewal.
You’re going to love make a new part of your Patch Blanket each month!
With love, Lynda.
I'm a beginner (I've never crocheted before) - will I be able to make a Patch Blanket?
Yes, the Big Patch Blanket is designed specifically for learning to crochet. In addition to your crochet kit subscription, you’ll need a 15.75mm crochet hook, scissors, stitch markers and tape measure.
Can I subscribe to more than one Patch Blanket?
Yes you can. To learn the most I’d recommend making the Layered Patch Blanket along with either the Happy Patch Blanket or Folded Patch Blanket.
Can I change the colours ie do the Folded Patch Blanket with a natural join?
Yes you can. Let me know what you’d like to do in the order notes at the checkout, and I’ll confirm the changes to your kit via email.
Can I use my Maker / VIP Member discount code?
Yes you can.
When will the "early bird offer" end?
It will be available to the end of June 2023.
What's the latest I can get a Patch Blanket Crochet Kit Subscription?
The end of July 2023.
I'd like to make a Patch Blanket in the crochet-a-long but I don't want a kit. Can I do this?
Yes you can do this by getting a Maker or VIP membership here.
How can I get a Maker / VIP Membership to get a discount or get access to the patterns?
Pop over here. Get your membership first, and then you’ll have access to the discount code to use with your Patch Blanket Crochet Kit subscription.
When will it start and end?
The first month is July 2023 and the last month is July 2024.
Will I receive all of the Patch Blanket patterns?
You’ll be able to access the crochet pattern and online course for your Patch Blanket Kit. Maker and VIP members will be able to access all 3 of the Patch Blanket patterns and online courses.
Will there be a pdf crochet pattern that I can print out?
Yes there will be. You’ll also have access to the online course with detailed left and right handed video tutorials.
Will there be video tutorials with the patterns?
Yes, there will be left and right handed video tutorials that show how to make the blanket from start to finish. You’ll receive access to a new part each month.
When will I receive my yarn each month?
Your yarn delivery will be sent by 7th day of each month. Depending on where you’re located relative to my studio near Quilpie, QLD will determine when it will arrive (I’m thinking that it should be with you within 2 weeks if you’re in Australia and possibly longer if you’re outside Australia).
When will the payments happen?
They will happen when you order your subscription for the first month, and then for the 2nd to 13th months the payments will happen on the 1st day of the month. You have the option to do your payment automatically or manually.
Will my payment vary each month depending on how many skeins I'm getting?
No, the monthly payment will be the same each month.
Will I receive a reminder before my payment happens?
Yes, you’ll receive an email 2 days before.
Will the crochet pattern or full kits be available separately (not in a subscription)?
Once the Patch Blankets are finished in August 2024 I will release the crochet pattern separately. I may release the full kits at the end of 2024 but I’m not sure at this stage.