Toasty Heart Beanie Crochet Pattern & Video Tutorial
Your head and heart will be snuggly and warm when you’re wearing one of these beauties.
This pattern is lovely and easy to make and even a bit addictive – you’ll be whipping up lots of chunky beanies before you know it!
I love wearing my Toasty Heart Beanie – it keeps me warm when the winter winds are blowing.
Don’t worry if you’ve never crocheted before – I’ve included simple step-by-step instructions and videos to help you make your own scarf or cowl.
This pattern comes as an online class with pdf patterns, and you will receive a link to access this in your order confirmation email.
What we’re making
We’re making a chunky Toasty Heart Beanie. It’s crocheted using gorgeously soft merino wool and it won’t take you long to make it.
It’s made in 2 parts – the beanie body and the optional giant pompom. The beanie body is made by crocheting a rectangle. The first and last rows are joined and gathered together to make the top of the beanie, and the giant pompom is tied on the top.
The Toasty Heart Beanie comes in 3 sizes:
- small – suitable for teeny tiny people (ie babies).
- medium – suitable for little people (ie kids) and small adults (this is the size I wear)
- large – suitable for larger adults
Each size has lots of stretch and can be worn with the brim folded up or unfolded. Folding the brim makes for a snugger fit for a smaller head.
You will need
- – 1 x 300g (10.5oz) skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn in your favourite colour – it’s so soft and squishy (100% Australian grown and processed merino wool)
- – 25mm (U) bamboo crochet hook– it’s so lovely and light to hold
- – Clover extra large pompom maker– for the pompom (optional)
- – 1 x 100g (3.5g) mini skeins of Homelea Bliss– for the pompom (optional)
- – scissors
- – tape measure
- – 18, 22 or 26 stitch markers (safety pins or different coloured yarn can be used as well)
- – the desire to make something beautiful
If you need help
If you’ve got any questions while you’re making your Toasty Heart Beanie post your question on my Facebook Page – I’ll respond as soon as I can.
I know you’ll love making your own chunky beanie.
With love, Lynda.