The Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy is lovely – it’ll warm your tea, and your heart, every time you use it.
It’s the perfect gift for a tea-loving friend (especially at Christmas), or why not spoil yourself?
The Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy is super stretchy and suits anything from a one-cup to a four-cup teapot.
it’s easy to make
Don’t be fooled by its good looks, the Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy is crocheted (it’s not knitted) and it’s super dooperly easy – there’s no shaping required.
It’s even a bit addictive; you’ll be whipping up lots of chunky teapot cosies before you know it. Don’t worry if you’ve never crocheted before – I’ve included simple step-by-step instructions and how to videos to help you out.
This beauty is crocheted in 2 parts – the body and the giant pompom. The body is made by crocheting a rectangle using slip stitches through the back loop. The first and last rows are joined and gathered together to make the top of the teapot cosy, and the giant pompom is tied on the top.
The Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy is made from soft and chunky Australian merino wool, and you can choose your favourite colour from:
- celery (light green)
- donkey (greyish brown)
- dusky rose (pink)
- mushroom (purple)
- mustard (yellow)
- natural (undyed cream)
- navy blue
- oatmeal (blush)
- olive (dark green)
- steele blue
You can even mix and match the colours of the body and pompom.
what you’ll need
- 2 x 100g (3.5oz) mini skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn in your favourite colour (Homelea Bliss is super chunky merino wool which is fully grown and processed in Australia)
- 25mm (U) bamboo crochet hook – it’s so lovely and light to hold
- tape measure
- extra large pompom maker
- 20 stitch markers
- the desire to make something beautiful
would you love your own Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy?
- online class and crochet pattern – $9 – find it here
- make your own kit – $85 – find it here
- made for you – $79 – find it here
I hope you love your Toasty Heart Teapot Cosy.
With love, Lynda.