NEW: Happy Potholder Crochet Pattern with tutorials
Grab a cuppa and enjoy easily crocheting these cheerful potholders - they're great gifts to make!
Includes a pdf pattern (printable), as well as left and right handed tutorials.
Add some handmade happiness to the kitchen by crocheting these puffy stitches and watching the colours wave up and down as the rows emerge.
The pattern has been designed so the Happy Potholders are easy to make:
- the rows are crocheted the same and the next yarn colour is always waiting at the end
- there’s only a couple of yarn ends to sew in
- there are tips throughout the pattern so the 3 yarn colours don’t get tangled
There’s bonus instructions on how to wet block and wash the Happy Potholder so the crocheted stitches look even and beautiful.
It’s fun to make the Happy Potholder with different colour combinations!
skill level – easy
The pattern includes simple stitch patterns as well as carrying the yarn up the side of the crocheting. Take your time and carefully follow the instructions for the first 4 rows, and from then on the same row is repeated again and again.
You will learn how to:
- skip stitches
- do an extended double crochet (UK terminology) / extended single crochet (US terminology)
- how to carry the yarn up the side of the crocheting
print the pattern or follow the tutorials
This pattern includes a printable pdf crochet pattern and online courses (with right and left handed videos tutorials) that shows how to make the potholder from start to finish.
The Happy Potholder is 20cm (8in) wide and 20cm (8in) high.
yarn, hook and tools
- 3 colours x 50g balls of Homelea Happy merino wool yarn (this will make 2 potholders) or 100m (109yds) of a 10ply / worsted weight yarn.
- 4.00mm (G) crochet hook
- tape measure or ruler
- darning needle
- 2 stitch markers
- wool detergent and towel (for wet blocking or washing)
- the desire to make something beautiful
how to access the crochet pattern and tutorials
- After going through the checkout, log into your Homelea Lass account here and then scroll down to find your patterns. Click on the image to get started!
- You’re able to download and print a pdf pattern or follow the online course with either left or right handed video tutorials.
- Here’s a handy video that shows how to access all of your Homelea Lass crochet patterns and online courses.
I know you’ll love crocheting lots of colour Happy Potholders for your kitchen, and to give to your family and friends!
With love, Lynda.