Crocheting a blanket for a loved one is a special process – your connection with them is infused into every stitch, and it’s a piece of you that they can take with them wherever they go. This is the essence of this blanket and with 8 different sizes from baby up to king bed size, there’s a size for everyone.
This blanket design came to life when I was intrigued with how the Wrap My Soul In Love crochet pattern would look made in a single colour. The texture of the stitches meld together beautifully and create a blanket that you just to snuggle up in.
I’m imagining many of these blankets being made and given to all the favourite people in your life, so you can wrap them in love wherever they are. I hope you enjoy making this blanket and infusing your love into each stitch.
what’s included in this crochet pattern
- downloadable pdf ebook in UK and US crochet terminology
- crochet chart
- progress worksheet
- photo tutorial
- stitch video tutorials
- online course and detailed video tutorials
skill level – easy
The Wrapped In Love Blanket uses simple stitch patterns and I recommend making it after the Warm Heart Blanket or Bliss Blanket.
what you’ll learn
This is what you’ll learn while making the Wrapped In Love Blanket:
- alternative stitch to a turning chain for a treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology) row
- crossed treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology)
- half treble (UK terminology) / half double crochet (US terminology)
- double crochet through the back loop only (UK terminology) / single crochet through the back loop only (US terminology)
what you’ll need to know
It helps to know how to do these stitches and techniques before starting the Wrapped In Love Blanket:
- slip knot
- double crochet (UK terminology) / single crochet (US terminology)
- treble (UK terminology) / double crochet (US terminology)
- fasten off and weave in ends
- wind skeins into balls
- join chunky yarn using the Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
The Wrapped In Love Blanket pattern covers 8 blanket sizes:
what you’ll need to make the Wrapped In Love Blanket
To make your Wrapped In Love Blanket you will need:
- The desire to make a beautiful blanket
- 22mm (T) crochet hook (or size required to obtain tension/gauge)
- 2 stitch markers
- Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
- Tape measure
- iron or steamer
- Super chunky yarn – the table below includes the number of 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn, and the length of a similar-sized yarn (about 1cm (0.4in) in diameter). You’ll need to wind your yarn skeins into balls before crocheting.
The Wrapped In Love Crochet Kit is available here.
I know you’re going to love crocheting your Wrapped In Love Blanket!
With love, Lynda.
PS. Don’t forget to share your progress photos on Instagram and tag me @homelealass.
How do I access the crochet pattern or video tutorials?
The crochet pattern is available to view online or download as a pdf ebook, and it includes a crochet chart and progress worksheet. You’re able to access the crochet pattern on our website by:
- the web link in your order email
- your Homelea Lass account
Find how to do this here.
The detailed video tutorials are available in Blanket School with a premium membership, and you’ll also receive 20% off this yarn bundle.
What terminology is the crochet pattern in?
The included crochet pattern is written in UK and US crochet terminology.
A crochet chart is included in the online crochet pattern.