When Victoria was plunged into Lockdown 4, I decided to run free Lunchtime Crochet classes to give us all some creative happiness.
In this classes we crochet the Warm Heart Blanket, hearts and explore the Bliss Blanket, Midnight Garden Blanket, Macarla Blanket and Colour Exploration Blanket.
Watch the recordings of Lunchtime Crochet
what we made each day
- Day 1, Friday 28th May – what you need to crochet the Warm Heart Blanket and the Chunky Hearts
- Day 2, Saturday 29th May – let’s crochet hearts
- Day 3, Sunday 30th May – how to turn a skein into a ball (Social Crochet is also on at 4pm)
- Day 4, Monday 31st May – let’s crochet more hearts
- Day 5, Tuesday 1st June – start your blanket by crocheting the foundation chain
- Day 6, Wednesday 2nd June – crochet row 1
- Day 7, Thursday 3rd June – crochet row 2 (homework to crochet to the end of the first ball)
- Day 8, Friday 4th June – weave in the first end and joining balls of yarn (homework to crochet to the end of row 11)
- Day 9, Saturday 5th June – keep crocheting (homework to crochet to the end of row 16)
- Day 10, Sunday 6th June – keep crocheting (homework to crochet to the end of row 24) (Social Crochet is also on at 4pm)
- Day 11, Monday 7th June – fasten off and weave in the last end
- Day 12, Tuesday 8th June – exciting news + how to make the Bliss Blanket
- Day 13, Wednesday 9th June – how to make the Midnight Garden Blanket and the Macarla Blanket
- Day 14, Thursday 10th June – how to make the Colour Exploration Blanket
what you need to crochet the Warm Heart Blanket
- 6 x 300g skeins of Homelea Bliss yarn, or 400m of a yarn that is close to 1cm thick
- 25mm crochet hook (this is the same crochet hook that is in the Chunky Scarf Crochet Kit or the Chunky Crochet Starter Bundle)
- 2 stitch markers
- Chunky Yarn Joining Kit
- tape measure
- crochet pattern
what you need to crochet the chunky hearts
or any yarn with a suitably sized crochet hook
Thank you for joining me for Lunchtime Crochet!
With love, Lynda.